Friday, January 13, 2006

Washer-Drier

As a public service announcement, allow me to advise you never to get a combined Washer-Drier. They're really crap.

To be fair, it washes my clothes quite well. However, the drier requires to be run twice on the 'ultra powerful dry mode' before the clothes actually come out dry. But that would be acceptable, if not for one other really nasty side effect.

All my trousers and shirts invariably come out of the drier really badly creased. So badly creased, in fact, that even after I iron them, they're still really badly creased. (Yes, I iron my shirts. I do try to make some sort of an effort, and there's no-one else who's going to do it for me.)

Of course, when I bought it, I knew that the combined device would probably suck. Sadly, there was room in my kitchen for one appliance, and not for two, or I would have made a point of getting the two. Oh, well.