Thursday, May 10, 2007

They just couldn't leave it alone

I went to the post office this morning and picked up my parcel. It was a copy of Microsoft Office for my new laptop. I have just installed it, and found that Microsoft have changed the interface. They do that periodically, moving all the menus, changing the window design, and all sorts of nonsense. It's a real annoyance, since it means whenever I install a new PC I have to go through all the settings and put them back into 'Classic' view so that it looks like it always has. You know, like I actually like it to look.

Imagine my horror, then, when I found that Office 2007 has no Classic view! Yes, they've changed the arrangement unnecessarily... and made it impossible for the user to choose to do otherwise.

Thanks, Microsoft. I'll add that to my list of reasons to switch to OpenOffice.

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

You will also find yourself saving things with their new format, .docx Useless!