Thursday, June 07, 2007

"I should put you away where you can't kill or maim us, but this is LA and you're rich and famous!"

A few weeks back, Paris Hilton was sentenced to approx 45 days in jail for driving without a license (that was probably a bit steep, but it was the sentence imposed). Between then and actually entering prison, this was slashed to 23 days for "good behaviour", which raises the question of how exactly one can demonstrate good behaviour in jail before actually entering said jail.

But nevermind.

Now, after a mere three days in prison, she has apparently been released to house arrest, after falling ill. Or, rather "falling ill".

I try hard not to be cynical, really I do. Indeed, I consider that we have to believe that the system broadly works, or else society at large is just a joke. But if this is true, and if Paris' mystery illness isn't life-threatening, then I really have to wonder...

No comments: