Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to work...

The first day back at work is, of course, the ideal time to start afresh, to clear out all the dross and bad habits that have dogged work for the weeks before the holiday, and to generally ensure that things begin again on the right footing.

And so it was that yesterday I ironed a 'work' shirt for the first time since Christmas, set my alarm clock in the full intention of actually heeding it, and generally made ready. Then, this morning, when the alarm went off (two minutes late - I will have to adjust that) I leapt up and began my day. (Yes, I am a morning person. Sorry if that offends you.)

Anyway, I went through the morning routine with all appropriate haste, leapt in the car, and drove to the office, keen to resume work and do many exciting things. Huzzah for enthusiasm!

Unfortunately, there is no indication of work that I need to be doing, my boss is working from home today, and the person he has said will tell me what I need to do is the very antithesis of a morning person, so hasn't arrived in the office yet. And, in fact, there's hardly anyone here to be impressed by my full-of-beans-ness, or whom I can regale with my adventures in Barcelona and/or mowing the lawn. Huzzah?

3 comments:

Captain Ric said...

Erm ... huzzah!

I wonder if morning-person-ness runs in families? Like ... is it in the genes?

Steph/ven said...

That seems unlikely, given Andrew's legendary aversion to times Ante-Meridian. And the less said about The Grum, the better.

Captain Ric said...

Ah ... but we could have both sides of it in the family.