Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

I'm extremely tired. I don't think I should be so tired.

The Fratellis' second album is... okay. It's about as good as their first album, with the exception of "Chelsea Dagger" - the new offering doesn't have anything that comes close.

Tesco's "Ridge" crisps are a low-fat clone of McCoys, which they didn't have in stock. Despite tasting much the same, and having the same sort of texture to them, they are strangely unsatisfying.

The 4th Edition of "Dungeons & Dragons" isn't as bad as I'd feared. More on this at a later date.

"Sunshine", the film by Danny Boyle about a mission to re-ignite the sun is awful. Avoid like the plague.

Similarly, although I haven't seen it, I'm going to confidently predict that "Species IV" is awful.

LOLcats are funny.

The government's latest antic, to give false terror suspects £3,000 compensation for each day they are wrongly held without charge beyond the present 28-day limit (this being a bribe to persuade rebel MPs to vote for this atrocity), would leave me fizzing with anger, if the concept of making a decent living in this way didn't cause me to giggle with Doctor Evil-esque glee.

Isn't it odd that some words are just funny, in and of themselves?

Chunky Monkey ice cream is an odd thing, although not an unpleasant one. I'm not sure about the walnuts, though.

Which is better, candy floss or a sledgehammer?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should say Rambling Thoughts, not Random Thoughts!!!

Chunky Monkey is pretty good, but I fear that if you eat too much of it, that is what you will end up looking like. My personal favourite is Phish Food - delish!

Captain Ric said...

Mmm ... phish food.

Ooh - D&D. Stupid people.

Lolcats are so funny.

Sledgehammer every time.

Kezzie said...

Candy floss definitely!

I agree with Captain Ric- Phish food, yesterday, today, tomorrow...

Captain Ric said...

Everyone agrees with Captain Ric ... it's like a rule of life!

Steph/ven said...

I disagree.

Captain Ric said...

Yeah. But, as we all know, you don't count. Even on your own blog.