Monday, August 18, 2008

Day One

Last night, after posting my rant about my weekend (and I'm not sure the film reference actually works, by the way), I gave myself a metaphorical shake, and decided to really seize the week. Then I went to bed.

Naturally, I failed to sleep. Consequently, I finally woke up with my alarm (which I have successfully shifted from 7:02 to 6:58), and immediately regretted it. Still, up we get, and off to work.

This week at work I have two tasks, one of which is immensely difficult, and one of which is very easy but extremely tedious. Technically, the easy task has priority. However, fifteen minutes into it, I decided I just couldn't face it at this point, so instead elected to make no progress whatsoever on the difficult task.

There was one minor diversion, which has led to me not making sandwiches for tomorrow. However, my rakish new haircut met and failed its first test. Not a good sign.

Then home, and to band, which was fine.

I have now been invited to two more parties. This takes the total to five, plus two weddings (although the reception might be considered a party, it would be inappropriate to refer to the day as such, so I will not). One of the new parties is fancy dress, where I shall once again make use of my classic "man in hat" costume.

The other is an eighteenth birthday party. It has been a while since I was invited to an eighteenth. Indeed, it may be that the last I attended was Cousin A's, and since she's thirty next year, that was quite some time ago. I think for this one I shall forgo my zimmer, and make do with a single walking stick, the better to fit in with the young crowd.

No comments: