Sunday, September 28, 2008

Social Etiquette

You know, I'm pretty sure that when someone excuses themselves from eating the buffet at a party on the grounds that they're on a diet, the socially correct response is something along the lines of "oh, how's it going?" I'm reasonably certain that the best thing to do is not to spend the next few minutes until you get distracted trying to persuade that person that they should eat the buffet anyway on the grounds that diets don't apply on days ending in a 'Y'.

In any case, the diet remains intact. The party itself was fine, although I left early. There was karaoke, and I decided not to give the other band members the opportunity to force me to sing again. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after last time, but no.

The diet itself is proceeding apace. I finished the Sugar Puffs this week, and have brought the Shedded Wheat into play. This makes for a far less pleasant breakfast experience than was enjoyed before, but is also rather effective.

As of this morning, I have hit my second mini-goal, having lost 12 pounds to date. Also, the Korean Style Pepper Steak stir-fry I cooked yesterday was something of a success, although it was a little too sweet, and not quit savoury enough, for my taste.

This morning, I'm going to attend my local church, instead of travelling 20 minutes to my 'home' church, on the grounds that most of the people from my home church are away for the weekend, affording an ideal opportunity. Of course, if things there work out too well, this could create a controversy going forward...

4 comments:

Kezzie said...

Congratulations on the 12 pounds! That's pretty impressive!!!!
I have one comment to make on Shredded Wheat- Urgh! Meaning Bird's nest (almost as bad as Muesli- read that as Pigeon loft scrapings).

Steph/ven said...

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

Chris said...

I like Shredded Wheat!

Also, is it a controversy to attend your local church?

Steph/ven said...

Only if it's superior to the church you have been attending for years. Turns out that this is not the case, and therefore not something to worry about.