Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #20: Hardly-any-prep Prawn Stir-Fry

After some consideration, I have decided to remove prawns from the list of food nemeses. They're okay, I suppose.

Anyway, this meal was very quick and easy to prepare, but it didn't quite work out as intended. The problem was mine, rather than being inherent to either the book or to the recipe itself, though. The food cooks incredibly quickly, and even moreso now that I'm cooking on gas once again, and I hadn't memorised the steps before I began. As a consequence of this, the food came out burnt - in the time it took me to consult on the next step, the damage was already done.

Despite that setback, it still somehow came out tasting okay. Consequently, we'll have to call that 3-0 on stir-fries. With only two more to go, this puts young Jamie in an unassailable position on that chapter.

Next up is a beef and spring onion stir fry with black bean sauce.

No comments: