Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #26: Leftover Curry Biriani

This one was constructed using three of the remaining five servings from last week's rogan josh. It essentially amounts to a different way to prepare a curry, with the added effect of expanding three servings of curry into four fairly generous portions.

Whatever, it tasted very nice, and is certainly something I may well prepare again at some point.

That'll be 3-1 to Jamie in the "Easy Curries" chapter. The next dish on the menu is a real classic: Chicken Tikka Masala. This next one represents another chance for Jamie to convert me from 'kit food' to 'home-cooked food' (the previous time being the fajitas, which he didn't quite manage). This will also give me opportunity to analyse the relative costs of eating home-cooked food versus food prepared from a jar. My gut feeling is that there really isn't much in it, but the home-cooked food certainly tastes better (and is better for me).

So, all in all, it should be interesting. Also, I'm enjoying this curries chapter.

No comments: