Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #43: Mediterranean Chopped Salad

Being on holiday today, I had to actually think about what to have for lunch. The horrors of this cannot be overstated - I work really hard to avoid having to make decisions. In the end, given that I'm having takeaway tonight (for my birthday celebration), I decided to have the salad for lunch. Why not?

Anyway, it was really easy and quick to prepare, as all the chopped salads have been - wash some ingredients, then chop them all quickly, mix, dress, and serve.

And, like the other two chopped salads, it was fantastic. In fact, this one was considerably better than the previous effort, probably due to the absence of seafood. I'm even a little disappointed at having reached the end of the chopped salads, as they really have been quite good.

The salads are now at an unassailable 7-3. However, they have no chance whatsoever of unseating the curries as my favourite chapter - the high points just haven't been that high. (And, incidentally, this is the highest point of the chapter to date.) Next week, I finish the chapter with "Rice Salad". The countdown to burgers is now at 14 days...

No comments: