Sunday, May 08, 2011

Culling the Wardrobe

Once again, I've been going through my wardrobe, sorting out the things that don't fit (actually very few), the things that haven't been worn in some time (also few), and the things that are just a bit too worn.

The end result is that I need to pick up a handful of items, mostly printed t-shirts. For the most part, though, I'm in surprisingly good shape. Huzzah!

However, in amongst all this, I was confronted with the ultimate question: just how many socks does one man need?

After some consideration, I came to the conclusion that the answer was "enough pairs for six weeks."

Allow me to explain: obviously, I need a two-week supply (in case I miss a wash). However, I also need a backup supply, in case of sock-conspiracy action. And then, there needs to be a backup backup supply, just in case.

So, six weeks.

And, just in case you are wondering at my logic here, or indeed whether this truly is the ultimate question of not, allow me just to point out that six weeks times seven days equals 42 pairs of socks. QED.

2 comments:

Kezzie said...

You can never have too many socks- particularly as they like to take trips into Narnia or into the nearest black hole-I swear they HIDE! I believe THEY THEMSELVES are the chief protagonists in the great sock conspiracy! I probably can match you in the socks stake- have to keep an army in reserve!
(Need to cull my wardrobe and have a large bag ready to go to a new home but can't quite bring myself to cull anymore! Too traumatic!)

Kezzie said...

Alll my socks seem to be missing at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seemed to happen after I posted this comment- ahrgh!!!!!