Monday, April 16, 2012

The Collapse

For people who live extremely busy lives (as I do most of the time), one of the worst things you can do is stop and take a break. Because the moment you do, it can all catch up to you.

That happened to me last night. About 8:30 I lay down for a short while, and then when I found I needed to move, suddenly I felt awful. Really tired, really shaky, and generally bad.

I'm not entirely sure what the cause was: a release of stress, the tiredness from several days of travel, heat exhaustion, the six hour time difference, or something else entirely. But it was pretty bad, regardless.

I slept for twelve hours last night. With a break at about 5am, although that seems like something out of a dream. And, fortunately, when I woke up this morning, I felt right as rain again. Still, not too much fun.

1 comment:

Chris Brind said...

Welcome to jet-lag 101 =)

Same thing happened to Cheryl on our first day in Japan.