Friday, September 14, 2012

The Fourth Greatest Sci-fi Show Ever...

I finished re-watching "Battlestar Galactica" last weekend. And I was very glad to see it come to an end - although the show had some good material throughout, it was outstanding for the first season and a half and then suffered a massive drop in quality, to the extent that the final two seasons have always felt disappointing in comparison.

For my next effort, I'm rewatching "Space: Above and Beyond", a short-lived sci-fi show that is very similar in many respects. Except that it's really not very good. That will probably take me through until about February, after which I'm strongly considering rewatching "Babylon 5" - it's been far too long.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the three shows I rate more highly than BSG are "Doctor Who", "Star Trek", and "Babylon 5". "Firefly" would also certainly be on that list, but unfortunately it was cancelled far too soon (to be on the list, or just in general).

No comments: