Saturday, February 01, 2014

Experimental Cookery 2014: Spicy Sausage and Bean Casserole

Huzzah! This one was a rousing success.

This particular meal was taken from the "Great British Bake Off Winter Kitchen", by Lizzie Kamenetzky, one of the two new books I got for Christmas. That book has proven to be one that is better in the dreaming than the practice, I've found - I really like the idea of a lot of the things, but doubt I'll ever make too many of them.

Still, this one was good. It was simple, too - mix up a sauce, bake to thicken, fry the sausages, combine the lot, bake again, and serve. I paired it with some lovely mash, and my best bread to date - another seeded loaf, this one made with one-third white and two-thirds stoneground flour. So it was a big meal, but a hugely satisfying one. And we've got four more portions, and half a loaf, left for later use, too.

As I said, a rousing success!

#4: "David Copperfield", by Charles Dickens (a book from The List)
#5: "Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth", by Wolfgang Baur

No comments: