Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Carefully Nurturing My Annoyance

My courtesy car arrived yesterday. It's exactly like my own car, except that it's 8 years younger, and nearly 100,00 miles fewer on the clock, is faster, is black, and is generally awesome.

The big problem is that I'm going to have to give it back in a short while, after which I'll either get my car back or, more likely, have to go out and buy a new car. Either way, I'll be left with a car that will be, I'm sure, perfectly good and fun to drive, but is just not quite as good.

That being the case, I've been formulating a list of hugely nitpicky little things about the courtesy car that I just don't like. If I carefully nurture this annoyance, perhaps when the time comes I'll not feel so bad about giving it up.

Thus far, my list is quite comprehensive:

  1. When I plug my MP3 player in, it insists on playing the tracks in alphabetical order instead of album order.

And that's it. Plus, I feel that that criticism is somewhat dented by the fact that my own car doesn't even have an MP3 player socket at all!

Heck, I even found that the voice-activated controls managed a Scottish accent! Oh, and did I mention that it has voice-activated controls?

(That said, it didn't recognise my instruction to "transform and roll out!" See? This car just sucks!)

#53: "Pathfinder: The Choking Tower", by Rob Lundeen

No comments: