Tuesday, January 06, 2015

It Has Gone To a Better Place

While I'm on the topic of Christmas presents, I shall tell you about socks. For Christmas I received seven pairs of socks. One person bought me a pack of five pairs of Doctor Who socks, while another person bought me two individual pairs of Doctor Who socks. This suggests that I might be becoming typecast as a person who likes Doctor Who.

Or wearing socks. It's definitely one of the two. But that's not really important right not.

Anyway, for some time LC has been talking about throwing away some of my socks, despite them still being perfectly good. Apparently, she is unaware of the manly convention that any sock with fewer than three holes in it is barely worn.

And so it was that a few days ago I opened the bin to find a single discarded sock staring accusingly up at me. "How could you fail us so," it seemed to ask. "We trusted you to protect us!"

Grief-stricken, I therefore threw a bunch of other rubbish on top (that being why I opened the bin) and then mourned my loss. For a sock to have passed so young was a real tragedy - it was only two!

Still, I have since come to terms with my loss, and accepted that it has indeed gone to a better place. Well, landfill.

Of course, I couldn't help but notice that there was only one sock in the bin. But I've been instructed not to mention the Sock Conspiracy any more...

This Week's Mug: This week's mug is a Star Wars mug with a black experior on which the legends "Stormtrooper", "Legion", and "TK-421" are marked. I received this mug as a Christmas present from CJ, prompting my recent mug contemplations.

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

SHOULD have made a sock monkey with it!
SEVEN pairs of DW socks?! Wow! I received a TARDIS dress from my Mum! There's NO way of hiding my WHo habits!
x