Saturday, August 01, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #28: Chicken Pasta with a 6 Vegetable Herby Ragu

For my birthday I received a copy of "Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals", and it's likely that there will be several experiments from this book over the next little while.

This was a quick meal to produce, if somewhat frustrating at times. It took me closer to 25 minutes to put together, even discounting the gathering, washing, and other preparation steps that Jamie doesn't include in his total. Still, that's pretty good going, really, especially if I'd been doing this on a week-night, and especially a band night.

Unfortunately, this didn't go terribly well - by the time the chicken was cooked and starting to burn, the pasta wasn't yet ready, and the nature of the beast was that it really wouldn't wait. In future, I'll need to get the pasta on the hob earlier than the book calls for.

The net result of that problem was that the meal was somewhat burnt when it hit the table. It actually tasted considerably better than I'd expected, and if it hadn't gone wrong I expect it would have tasted much better still. I'm pretty certain we'll be having this again, or at least the pasta sauce which I thought was particularly good.

So I'll give him the win, I think. Though I'm now going to find a video of him on YouTube so that I can vent my frustrations!

Thanks to the month of July, I'm now two entries behind in this series. Hopefully I'll get caught up reasonably soon - certainly I would like to be back on track by the end of this month.

#37: "Pathfinder: Anvil of Fire", by Sean K. Reynolds

No comments: