Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #32: Chilli Con Carne Meatballs

This was yet another meal from "Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals", and this one actually clocked in somewhere close to the fifteen minute mark, which is nice. It basically consisted of some lightly-spiced beef meatballs in a tomato sauce, served with bulgar wheat, and it was very nice.

Two things do occur to me about this meal in future: rather than serving with grilled chillis, which proved too hot to be pleasant, I think I'll instead add the chillis directly to the sauce to give that some extra heat; and I must remember to rinse the bulgar wheat before cooking it so that it doesn't need it afterwards.

Otherwise, I was very happy with this one, and I expect we'll have it again before too long.

#43: "Firefly: Ghosts in the Black", by Robin D. Laws

No comments: