It's been a while, so I thought I'd maybe post a wee update on where we are with the house move.
The short answer is: still where we were.
The longer answer is that movement on selling the flat remains imminent, just as it has been for the last several months. I do have reason to believe movement really is about to happen... but I've also said that before.
Unfortunately, things have moved in the wrong direction on the purchase side - at the start of the month our sellers finally lost patience and re-marketed their house. I can't say I blame them, though obviously it's disappointing.
So, right now we're still in a waiting stage - until there is actual movement on the sale front, we're not doing anything on the purchase side. As soon as that does happen, we'll again seek to make a purchase, this time at least with the assurance that there's no longer a chain to worry about.
It's worth noting that we're rapidly heading towards the school summer holidays. On the one hand, this isn't terrible - it means LC at least will be free to pack/unpack without having to work around school. One the other hand, that does mean I'll have to trust her not to quietly dispose of all of my favourite things...
But the last thought is this: there are quite a few people who had indicated a willingness to help us with the move, time permitting, which is excellent. Unfortunately, many of those same people have holidays booked for large parts of July. So I'm becoming increasingly convinced that that is exactly when we'll have to move...