Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Teeth

As I noted a couple of weeks ago, I was having trouble with my teeth. When I got to the dentist, his advice was that it was probably one particular tooth, and it was probably in need of root canal treatment. He then put a dressing on it and had me make a future appointment to have that done.

The last few weeks, therefore, have been a bit odd - sometimes my teeth have been fine, sometimes they've been a bit aggravated... but there was only one instance when they flared up as badly as they had done previously. When I went this morning, then, there was some doubt as to whether this was really the right thing to do. In the end, we went ahead.

It turns out that was the right decision - the reason it had seemed to improve was not a real improvement, as might have been hoped, but rather due to the nerve dying. Of course, this is pretty classic for the symptoms I was having, and root canal treatment was exactly the right thing. So that's a relief.

Of course, now I'm in the recovery phase, which isn't too much fun - the anesthetic has started to wear off, and the whole thing's rather unsettled. Still, hopefully this now marks us coming to the end of that little adventure!

No comments: