300 days done. The final update before the end-of-year wrap-up:
- Weight: Nothing to report. This goal is simply failed.
- Work: Work has been really hard of late, but things do definitely seem to be improving. I'm actually pretty happy here, while also being determined to make the next eight weeks good ones.
- Books: I've ready 50 books, and am partway through "East of Eden". This puts me very slightly ahead of target, which should have me finishing book 50 at the end of this month. I'm also finished two of my sub-lists, and up-to-date or ahead on all of the others. Next month I should finish another two sub-lists. The big challenge remains the books from The List - I got bogged down in "Bleak House", and am unlikely to finish "East of Eden" before Friday.
- Games: Disaster! "Ultraviolet: 2XS" failed to attract a quorum, and although the "Lost Mine of Phandelver" game got started, it fizzled out due to other commitments. Additionally, the last session of the "Numenera" game didn't happen, which means I don't know how that story should have ended. All in all, this has turned out to be a disappointing year for gaming.
- Maintenance: The repair to the bedroom ceiling is somewhat delayed, as we're waiting for the council to do the necessary repair to the roof first (and there's no point in doing the one without the other). Consequently, it's looking unlikely that this will be fixed this year. I also have some small maintenance tasks associated with my car and our central heating, though neither is a particularly big task.
- Computer: Done.
- Money: Done.
This update makes for slightly depressing reading - it's now pretty clear that the Game and Weight goals have failed, while the Maintenance goal never quite seems to be done. But I guess that's pretty standard.
I'm now starting to give some thought to goals for next year, which will largely be more of the same. Certainly, there will be ongoing Books and Work goals, and a revised Weight goal. In addition, there should be some sort of Game and Band goals, though I'm not quite sure what form those will take. And then there's a big goal for the end of next year, but more on that closer to the time...