Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh my, I had forgotten...

I went to Tesco this afternoon to pick up a bunch of things to see me through until the week after next, and was reminded very clearly of just how annoying people are. And it wasn't as if they were particularly doing anything to be annoying, just failing to think of the consequences of turning their trolleys across the aisles, stopping dead to look at some shelf or other, or standing side by side in the aisles to have a good natter, while all the time people were just trying to get out of there.

And then there was the random fight just outside the store. Always a pleasure.

This, however, has left me with something of a problem. See, as I may have mentioned before, I'm getting a bit tired of being constantly single. And, standing in the way of me actually doing anything about it is a general lack of single women in my life. (That every interesting woman I've met in the past six months has very shortly thereafter been transported to some weird parallel dimension, never to be seen again, doesn't help.)

This leads to the logical conclusion that I need to go out and meet people. But I find people incredibly annoying for the most part, especially when taken en masse. So, this leads me to the question: where do you go to meet people, while simultaneously avoiding places where people tend to be found?

No comments: