Friday, September 06, 2024

Day 250: Update on Goals

Another update on goals, again with almost nothing on the blog since the last one...

  • Books: By this point I should have read 20.5 books. I'm now well behind that target - having got back on track, I promptly got bogged down in a fantasy doorstop novel that I just couldn't face and so lost several weeks.
  • Blogging: By this point I should have posted about 82 times here. I've long since admitted defeat on this one.
  • Redecoration: Since the last update we have re-repainted the study and replaced the carpet in that room. That wasn't part of the stated goal here, but it was definitely a good job to have done. I'm now happy to declare this goal complete.
  • Complete my Campaign: The campaign has come to a successful conclusion. This goal is therefore complete.
  • Update the Church Website: No update since last time.

That's now two goals having reached completion, one that is well behind target (and unlikely to be completed successfully), and one that has long-since been accepted as failed. The fifth and final goal needs some attention - it will probably be the difference between a 60% passing marking and 40% abject failure for the year.

I'm going to need to think carefully about goals for next year - whether to set any at all, but also what they should be. The redecoration of the house has now reached a stage that it is essentially complete (ideally, the remaining rooms could do with more than just a lick of paint), while both the Book and Blogging goals seem to be lost causes. We'll see.

No comments: