Thursday, July 19, 2007

Well, it's almost a rock'n'roll lifestyle

My cunning plan to arrange a stealth transfer to our Edinburgh office has failed. My company has rumbled my scheme, and are sending me back to France. I'm flying out on Monday, which means I should probably arrive on Wednesday.

I'm finding all these trips rather tough to take. I think my rock'n'roll lifestyle is taking its toll on me.

Do you not believe I have a rock'n'roll lifestyle? Well, I offer the following as evidence:

1) I spend considerable time staying in hotel rooms containing both windows and televisions, and although I have never felt the urge to defenestrate said television the means and the opportunity is obviously there. And, as Mister Loaf would say, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad."

2) Obviously, I have been cultivating a hairstyle that is suitable only for a rock star or a mad scientist. However, I obviously can't be a mad scientist, as I'm lacking the obligatory hawt but nerdy scientist chick/assistant who will be menaced by my experiments with forces with which man was not meant to meddle.

3) I even play in a band. How can that not be rock'n'roll?

Anyway, all that being said, I have to wonder just when I will be issued with my groupies. I mean, I must be at least as famous as K-Fed...

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

French chicks are (typically) hot! Don't complain about being sent there. And in the same way that the Ozzies keep coming over here and stealing our women, you should steal a French one. Obviously not in a sinister, kidnapping way though. I doubt they'd let you through customs anyway.

However, to throw some doo-doo on your claims to stardom. Albert Einstein had that hair, he had no hot chicks and he played the violin. Now I'm not saying that you're Einstein, but mad scientist is definately on the cards.