Thursday, January 03, 2008

Changes

The end of one year and the beginning of the next is always a time to mark a clean boundary and start afresh. So, for example, before the end of the year, I take down the Christmas decoration I have so artfully strewn around the appartment, and I shave off my festive beard. Except that this year I have elected to keep the festive beard, and promote it to the status of regular beard. Apparently, my nephew is scared of me without the beard, but think I exude the calm of a Jedi master while sporting it.

Or something. There were certainly lightsabres involved in the decision.

I have also made a few changes to the layout of the blog, although you might need to check carefully to see them. Note the new warning about punnery, and the more stylish black Google search bar. I have also trimmed the redundant "Edit Me" links from the sidebar, and might even consider adding some real links there at some point.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like the changes... Clearly you were never "cursed never to achieve [your simple dreams]" or whatever it was - just look at the achievements of the last year alone! What is your cactus called? Are you going to start a pet blog for it? (I am joking, obviously).

Steph/ven said...

The cactus is called Jeremy. I'm not going to start a blog for it, but it might choose to comment here on occasion.

Or not.