Monday, April 13, 2009

Experimental Cookery 'Tuesday' #29: Aloo Gobhi, and #30: Vegetable Bhajis

Okay, these will need to be quick - I'm going out in a few minutes, and the clean-up was a monster task.

The Aloo Gobhi was okay, but like many vegetarian meals, it was lacking something. Basically, I can't see myself having it again. I'm also annoyed - my supposedly oven-proof casserole dish has started to fall apart due to heat damage.

The vegetable bhajis were very nice, but they were the cause of the monster clean-up job. I also grated my thumb while preparing them, which wasn't for the best. Honestly, I can't see myself ever going to the trouble again.

I'm going to split the honours on this one: the Aloo Gobhi was a fail, but the Bhajis a success. So, that will be 5-2. Next week, I'm tackling the last of the curries, which I believe is a Thai Green Curry. Unfortunately, this requires the purchase of a food processor.

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

I could loan you one ...
Although I imagine you'll need one elsewhere in the book.