This book was also #26 of the year, which places me halfway to my stated goal for the year. Huzzah!
I have also picked out many of the books I will be reading for the second half of the year, which include:
- "A Sword From Red Ice" by JV Jones. This is next on my list.
- The remaining James Bond novels by Ian Fleming, plus the new novel "Devil May Care" by Sebastian Faulks.
- "Nineteen Eighty-Four" by George Orwell
- "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by CS Lewis. Somehow, this is the only volume of "The Chronicles of Narnia" that I haven't read. I'll have to borrow a copy, and try to get it as a standalone volume, as if I get a compiled set of them all I'll have to read them all, and I don't really have time.
- Lots of "Pathfinder" volumes from Paizo Publishing.
That accounts for about twenty of the remaining books for the year. I have a few more on my 'to-read' pile, but these aren't particularly noteworthy and so aren't listed here. It promises to be an interesting six months.
#26: "Emperor: the Field of Swords", by Conn Iggulden