Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 201

It doesn't seem like any time at all since the update for day 150 of the year, but according to the calendar it has been seven weeks. (Actually, eight. The previous update was early.) Anyway, yesterday was day 200 of 2009, and so the time has come for another update on progress against my goals for the year.

  1. Super Secret Goal #1. Complete. And there was much rejoicing.
  2. Super Secret Goal #2. Abandoned in April; included here for completeness
    only.
  3. Books. I finished "A Sword From Red Ice" on Friday, taking me to 28 for the year. I am also 100 pages from the end of "Goldfinger", and am hoping to finish it off tomorrow. Hopefully, I should make some decent progress on this one over the next few weeks; the advantage of all those bus trips to and from competitions.
  4. Weight loss. No progress to report. My plan to really try to focus on this during June failed.
  5. New skill. I have picked out the course I wish to attend, but it doesn't start until October.
  6. Car fund. This was completed. Of course, in the end I didn't need to buy a new car, rendering this somewhat redundant. Never mind - I now have the funds available for next year.
  7. General finances. No progress to report. That said, there's not too much more for me to be doing with this.
  8. Band. We won a prize at Cupar, but failed to qualify at Banbridge. As a result, we now need to qualify at both Inverclyde and Cowal to complete one part of this goal, but need only pick up one more prize anywhere to complete the other. This goal will be resolved one way or the other in the next six weeks or so.
  9. The house move. I have spent some time in the last couple of weeks putting up endless bookcases, and arranging books on them. It was a long and tedious task, but also a job well done. Still to do: clear out the rest of the junk in the Purple Room, invest in a dining table and chairs, and get a tumble drier. I also want to get some nice pictures for the walls, but this part of the task will be something to work on over time, rather than something to rush out and do.
  10. TV. Completed. My weekly viewing now consists of "House", "Dollhouse", "Chuck" and "Lie to Me". I have even started to work through the bank of movies I have had stored since December.
  11. RPGs.The second of four remaining sessions in the "Star Wars Saga Edition"
    campaign was on Saturday, and it was good. It looks like we might not finish this one off in the allocated four sessions, but that's okay. Slightly less good, we missed one of the four weekends that we thought might have been usable due to illness (not mine). However, it looks like we might just get that back, if the band drop out of the competition on the 8th of July (as seems likely). I haven't done any meaningful prep for the next game, and will have to get on with that.

And there it is. Three goals completed, one abandoned, and seven remaining. Of the seven, #8 and #11 will essentially be resolved by the time of the next update; these will be my main focus for the next seven weeks.

No comments: