Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Day 50: Update on Goals

We've reached day 50 of the year, so it's time for the first update on my goals for the year.

2020 actually got off to a flying start on all but two fronts. Unfortunately, those two were the ones that were most vexing to me, so I was actually fairly downbeat. And then my progress on other fronts started to stall...

  • Books: In a leap year, by day 50 I should be at 8.2 books read. After a really fast start to the year, I've managed to drop slightly behind - I'm still working through book 8. I do have a second book in progress, so I'm not quite as far behind as it otherwise might seem, but I am still slightly behind.
  • Weight: This seemed to start brightly, with fitness being my theme for January. But it slumped into a huge morass, largely due to everyone else heading to the gym in January, and so the end result has been disappointing. Damnit.
  • Blogging: By day 50 I should be on 16.39 posts here and 8.2 on the Imaginarium. I'm actually ahead of that target on the Imaginarium, but I'm quite a bit behind here. On balance I'm behind, but only slightly.
  • Work: This is the other area that has started really badly. I can't say more than that.
So that's the update. All in all I'm a bit disappointed, both because of the slowdown, but especially because the two areas that have fallen the furthest short are also the ones I most wanted to focus on. But we'll see - the first section of the year tends to suck rather, so maybe things will pick up... #6: "The Stiehl Assassin", by Terry Brooks #7: "Sharpe's Rifles", by Bernard Cornwell

No comments: