Monday, August 30, 2021

Experimental Cookery 2021: Greek Salad

Paired with the chicken in the previous post, I put together a Greek salad, also from "Outdoor Cooking". This was slightly different from the ones I've prepared before, which come from "Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals", though the principle is much the same.

It was quick and easy to prepare, of course - cut up some fruit and veg, dress them quickly, and add the cheese.

It was also very nice, and a great accompaniment to the chicken. This is a very good thing, as one issue with BBQs is that they tend to be extremely meat-heavy, and it's good to have some veg-based sides that are actually worth the eating.

I'm reasonably sure this has now become my method of choice for the Greek Salad - there is very little between it and Jamie's version in terms of effort, but this is a little nicer, I think.

No comments: