Monday, November 01, 2021

Experimental Cookery 2021: Pulled Pork

This was motivated by circumstance: we had people coming for dinner, we wanted to serve something nice, but I didn't want to go to a lot of effort. The method comes from the Hairy Bikers' "Meat Feasts", a book I thought I'd like, and use, rather more than I have done.

As expected, this one was nice and easy - apply a dry rub, then roast low and slow for many hours. Then pull it apart. The result was also impressive - no complaints there.

The only thing that was really noteworthy was that the book suggested it would serve 5-8 people, but I think that was a serious underestimate. That said, I also think this probably works best if served to many more people, but alongside some other choices. (And, actually, it would be an ideal addition to my birthday BBQ.)

The upshot is that we'll no doubt have this again, but I won't be cooking it for just us. Which is no bad thing - different meals can have different purposes, after all.

Anyway, good to have a success to report after the last couple of disappointments!

No comments: