Friday, December 31, 2021

End of Year Update on Goals

Because of the arrival of Surprise!, I didn't set any goals for 2021. That's a good thing, since my informal tracking made for grim reading:

  • Books: The full list of books will come in another post. However, I came close to the informal target of 60 books, completed 12 from The List, and indeed completed the UK side of The List. I'm actually reasonably happy with this.
  • Weight: This was not only a total failure, but actually worsened by the end of the year.
  • Blogging: This has been my least-bloggy year for some time: 95 posts here, and 34 on the Imaginarium, which means that both blogs fell well short of the informal targets I set. It looks like the Imaginarium is done.
  • Redecorating the Spare Room: This one was a success at least! In fact, it was more than a success, as in addition to redecorating the spare room I also found time to repaint the living room. Another job done.
  • Tadpole #2: Not a goal as such, but certainly the most important aspect of the year, Surprise! arrived safe and sound in April.

And that's that - one at or close to target, two clear successes, and two abject failures. Very much a mixed bag.

For 2022 I'm back to setting goals, and there are five:

  • Books: The usual 60 books for the year. It would be nice to complete The List this coming year, but that's not a strict part of the goal - we'll see how that goes.
  • Weight: The usual.
  • Blogging: I'd like to get back to posting 120 times here in the year. I'm not setting a goal for The Imaginarium.
  • Redecorating the Hallway: The next biggest redecoration in the house is the hallway, which is now the room we're least happy with. This will be fairly involved, including stripping wallpaper and repainting, replacing the carpets upstairs and on the stairs, and generally making it better.
  • Super Secret Goal: Last, but actually the most important of all, there's a change I need to make, and the sooner the better.

And that's that.

No comments: