Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Oh, No...

I don't particularly care for Rishi Sunak, for a variety of reasons, but I wouldn't have a problem with him as PM - if nothing else, he's a fairly serious person with some reasonable sense. Alas, I don't think he's going to get the job.

I likewise don't like Penny Mordant, and in particular I didn't like her penchant for lying (especially over the Turkey veto) - after Boris, the last thing we need is another Prime Liar. But, again, she was a fairly serious person, and I wouldn't have had a problem with her as PM.

But the prospect of Liz Truss as PM terrifies me. Not because I think she's particularly malevolent; indeed, of the three she's probably the least troublesome in that regard. But, alas, I think she's a blithering idiot. She's basically the Dougal McGuire of politics - she's nice and inoffensive enough, but liable to burn the whole place down by accident.

And she's probably our next PM. Looks like Theresa May will soon have serious competition for her title of second-worst PM of all time record.

No comments: