For the past couple of weeks I've been having some trouble with my ears - I woke up one morning with very little hearing on one side and a distinct feeling of being gummed up. I've had this once before, and while it wasn't any fun it did at least clear itself after a few days. No such luck this time.
So, yesterday I had an appointment to hopefully get it seen to, which started well and then stopped. At which point I was advised that I needed to see a GP as there were distinct signs of redness. Luckily, when I phoned the doctor's it turned out they had a same-day appointment, and so I was able to get seen right away. (That did mean my plans for the evening were cancelled, but never mind.)
Anyway, it now seems that there is indeed some sort of infection, actually in both ears, and I've been given a spray to hopefully fight it. Which, sadly, means it's not something that just gets dealt with and is then fixed, but should mean that it does eventually get back to normal.
In the meantime, though, I get to continue to pretend my Shakespearean interpretation of a Roman emperor: "Caesar is turned to hear."
No comments:
Post a Comment