I find myself more than a little perplexed by your recent actions. The thing is, via LC's subscription we have access to your "ad free" version of Disney+, only you've recently changed the terms and conditions to allow yourselves to show unskippable ads before and between shows. That's really annoying, but not actually what I'm about to talk about...
What I'd really like to know is what is the point of showing me unskippable ads for other things that are bundled into the very same Disney+ subscription that I already have? And, doubly so, what is the point of showing my unskippable ads for things that I have already watched through the very same subscription I already have? As far as I can see there is absolutely no benefit to you in this approach - you're actively annoying me while pushing me towards something that won't make you any more money.
I could, grudgingly, understand it if the adverts were for any of the infinite Disney merch that's out there, or for your upcoming cinema releases, or even for next month's upcoming shows - those all have a purpose that may put some more money into your hands (offensive as it remains to be putting ads in your "ad free" plans at all).
But to force adverts on us that very definitely aren't going to do that? What possible purpose does that serve?
(One other thing: the irony of all of this is that Disney+ was, and actually still is, the best value of all of our subscription services. Amazon Prime is good for everything that isn't Prime Video, while Netflix is rapidly dropping in my estimation. And as for NOW... But these recent shenanigans really put a dent in my appreciation for this particular service.)
No comments:
Post a Comment