Monday, August 11, 2008

Very annoyed

The second series of "The Tudors" started the week before last. Now, I'm not a massive fan of the series, but enough of one to actually want to watch it. And, furthermore, I would much rather see all the episodes, rather than have to fill in the gaps.

Naturally, I managed to miss the first episode by all of four days... just long enough to miss the repeat. And, what's worse, unlike virtually every other show on modern TV, there is only one repeat. Eastenders gets six repeats before the next episode airs two days later, but "The Tudors"? No, one repeat is your lot, mate.

Fortunately, the BBC have invested a huge amount of money in their delightful iPlayer, a tool that allows people to watch TV on demand. And mighty fine it is, too, although I have never actually had cause to want to watch a whole episode on it (only a Children In Need Doctor Who special).

So, I figured I would use this wonderful tool to watch the first episode, and then I'd be caught up and ready to watch the second episode. And what do I find? "The episode is not available online."

Fantastic.

No comments: