Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #9: Baked Camembert Pasta

Surprisingly, this one was a bit of a disappointment. I mean, it's pasta with cheese - how can you go wrong with that?

I think the problem is that Jamie overhyped it, and so I expected more from it than it delivered. Plus, it was pasta with cheese, which meant it seemed rather lacking in something. Meat, I think it's called.

Will I have this again? Well, I made four servings, so I kinda have to, although I suspect the remaining ones will become lunches over the next several weeks. After that, though, I can't see myself having this again. It's not that I disliked it; I just didn't particularly like it.

So, I'm not going to give Jamie the win on this one. So, that's 1-1 in the "Quick Pasta" chapter, surprisingly.

Next week, I might try to fit in two "Experimental Cookery Tuesdays", as I won't be able to do one the following week because of The Reason. The next thing on the list? "Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle".

Incidentally, I've noted that most of the blog entries in the past several weeks have been food-related in one manner or another. For the next few weeks, I'm going to try to cut back, and talk about other things instead.

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

You inspired me (ok, that's a bit of an overstatement, but something like that) so this morning I had porage with currants. It was yummy.
I may have to try it with salt one of these days though ... just to see what all the fuss is about.