Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Apology and a Retraction

Lady Chocolat took offense at my previous post, which likened modern action films with ballet. She felt this did a disservice to ballet.

Which is a fair comment. Ballet doesn't have a character spouting inane dialogue.

(For the rest of it, though, I'm afraid the comparison is apt: both are heavily choreographed, both require extreme training for detailed physical performance, and ballet doesn't actually tend to have particularly coherent plots. I mean, just look at The Nutcracker: all those crazy squirrels running all over the place...)

Oh, I'm going to pay for that one...

2 comments:

Kezzie said...

Squirrels??????

Steph/ven said...

Somewhere, back in the dim and distant past, there was a blog about the now-legendary "Squirrel Ballet" joke...

I've been told that if I ever tell this joke again, the consequences will be dire, so you'll have to search for it yourself.