Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Super Secret Goal #3

When we were in France last year, on our last night Lady Chocolat and I agreed to get a bit dressed up and go for a nice meal out. This year in Rome, for our last night we got dressed up and went for a nice meal out. Lady Chocolat wore a blue dress and flats, while I wore my lucky purple shirt and Superman socks. It's important to get the details right.

So, we went for a nice meal at a very nice little pizzeria. LC kept wondering what was wrong, but I was appropriately unforthcoming.

After the meal, we went to the Trevi Fountain, there to throw coins in, as is the tradition.

The fountain was busy, even just after sunset, and even on a Monday night. I hadn't expected to be working with an audience, but oh well...

So, we were there. We had thrown our coins. We had had our pictures taken. The moment was upon us.

I turned to Lady Chocolat, and looked into her eyes.

"___," I said, "I love you. You're my best friend. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So..."

I went down on one knee, my hand reaching into my pocket to produce the ring.

"will you marry me?"

She said yes. There was a round of applause.

The End.

3 comments:

Chris said...

In answer to your question, yes I am.

This is awesome.

Many congratulations!!

Kezzie said...

Stephen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic!!!! Well done to you and Lady Chocolat!!!!!!!! Hip hip Hurrah!

Kezzie said...

Also love what you said- simple but beautiful! Wish someone would propose to me with those words! Sadly, I don't think it'll happen!