In honour of reaching this milestone, here is a list of five things I'm looking forward to (other than the obvious):
- Tonight: Night Off. In each of the last several weeks, I've been out five nights during the week, and quite often at the weekend. While most of the activities I've been involved in have been entertaining enough, there's no denying that they've been tiring. Due to a combination of factors, I unexpectedly find myself with a night off this evening. I'm looking forward to getting a bit of a rest.
- Thursday 5th April: Finishing Work. Two weeks tomorrow is my last day of work for a whole month. It's been a long hard run from Christmas, so I'm definitely looking forward to getting an extended break. I'm also, strangely, looking forward to coming back from that holiday, and hopefully making something of a fresh start back at work - I haven't done by best work in the past year, so hope to change that going forward.
- Friday 6th April: Irn Bru. Lent ends on the 6th of April, and with it my self-impsoed ban on Irn Bru. Am I looking forward to it? You betcha!
- Thursday 12th April: The end of the first dance. The obvious thing I'm looking forward to is, of course, the wedding itself. But I also find myself looking forward to the end of the first dance, that marking the point at which my public obligations for the day come to an end. Up to that point, there's always the next thing to be looking to; beyond that point I should finally be able to relax a bit.
- Saturday 14th April: Mexico! Lady Chocolat and I fly off on Honeymoon on Friday the 13th, but the first leg of our journey only takes us as far as exotic Manchester. After a night in the Premier Inn, we're off to Mexico on the Saturday. Huzzah!