With the year rapidly coming to an end, it's time for the end-of-year wrap-up. And so my first post on the topic is the update on my goals for the year:
- Weight: This one had some small progress, but fell well short of the target. Still, that's a little better than last year. Once again, this goal rolls over to next year, and does so unchanged.
- Books: Done. The final list of books will be posted tomorrow, but the headline figure is that I have completed 60 books this year.
- Games: Done. I actually completed this goal back in November, when I ran the ninth "Firefly: Lost Episodes" game of the year. Added to the three "Eberron: Dust to Dust" sessions that I had run by that point, I made the target of twelve game sessions. Unfortunately, the December session of "Eberron: Dust to Dust" was cancelled, but the "Christmas Game" did take the total to thirteen sessions for the year, just over the total. I never got a chance to actually play this year, which is unfortunate, but this still counts as a success.
- Work: Done. Work was quite difficult this year, but also quite successful. All in all, I'm happy with that.
- Band: The goal for this year was to see one of my learners break into the main band at some point during the season. In the event, he started competing quite early in the season, and played at pretty much every competition thereafter, including the World Championships. So this goal was completed quite quickly and surprisingly easily.
- Super Secret Goal #4: Ongoing. The house move had to be put on the back burner for various reasons, but almost all of the preparatory work is now done. We're therefore hoping to get moved early in the new year.
- Experimental Cookery: Done. It's been a bit tricky keeping this one going, as finding interesting and attractive recipes, and doing so on a weekly basis, has been difficult. However, the final tally is 52 experimental cookeries, which is good.
- The Imaginarium: Done. Again, this was completed, with the final tally being 62 entries in that blog this year.
So, that's six goals completed, one failed, and one ongoing. I'm happy with that, though a little concerned at the repeated failure.
I'm going to set a much more restricted set of goals for next year, and so am able to do that now. I'm dropping the Experimental Cookery goal - I'll continue with the series, but I'm not going to attempt one a week, nor even number the entries in 2016. Likewise, I'm not going to set a goal for the band, nor for work (that wasn't a good goal anyway). And the Imaginarium will, I think, take care of itself, so no need for a formal goal there.
- Weight: This is the same goal yet again: I'd like to lose a stone and a half next year.
- Books: And, again, the same goal once more: 60 books. I only have three of my sub-series picked out, being 12 books from The List, 12 Pathfinder books, and 6 Pathfinder Tales.
- Games: The goal here is simply to continue both the "Firefly: Lost Episodes" and "Eberron: Dust to Dust" games. One or both of these may come to an end in 2016, but it's hard to know at this time. I'm not going to set a goal for either the total number of sessions, nor for spending any time on the other side of the screen, though of course the latter would be pleasant.
- Super Secret Goal #4: The goal here is simple: to move home in 2016. The target is actually to move as soon as is practical, but these things always take considerably longer than you think.
And that's it. The goals for next year are probably a bit trivial, but given the difficulties I've faced with the first for the last several years and given the upheaval represented by the last, I think that's enough to be going on with.
I also need to note that the Gaming goal is provisional, based on the results of the house move. If we remains within the Falkirk area, it can continue unchanged. If we end up moving further afield, however, this goal may cease to be relevant and so will be dropped.