Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #48: Seared Asian Beef, Best Noodle Salad, and Ginger Dressing

This week's Experimental Cookery sees us returning to "Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals". There aren't too many things in that book left that I'm inclined to try, but this was a good one. Quick and easy, and it tasted nice. The dressing was especially nice, with the combination of strips of ginger and the heat from the chilli. The salad was also okay, although there was a bit too much of it!

I do have two criticisms of the meal: there wasn't enough steak relative to the rest, and the noodles weren't terribly pleasant. In future, I think I'll forego draining them, and thus leave them warm.

Otherwise, this was a success. We'll no doubt try it again, although I think we'll mix up the selection of vegetables a bit in future!

I have no idea what's on the menu for next week. I do want to fit one more cake in before the end of the year, but other than that I'm flexible.

No comments: