Friday, September 07, 2018

Day 250: Update on... Stuff

With Day 250, we reach the antepenultimate update for the year...

Books: By day 250, I 'should' be at 41.09 books read. As you can see below, I'm now actually ahead of schedule, despite my slow start to the year. But there are some mighty tomes coming up...

However, as noted previously I'm not going to complete my stated goal for the year - there are just too many books, and the individual books are just too long, to allow for completion. A shame, but not a disaster.

Band: As noted previously, the 'summer' season for the band is done. We have one more event in September, and then there's a quiet time leading up to the lighting of Christmas lights in December. (Sadly, this band doesn't do an Armistice parade. It was a little strange last year, attending as 'just' a bystander for the first time in I don't know how long.)

Blogging: At the time of writing, I'm still a little behind here and well behind at the Imaginarium. There's still no prospect of the Imaginarium catching up, despite a somewhat prolific August, but this blog should be back on track soon.

And that's everything. You'll note that I've dropped a couple of topics from the update this time, as there was nothing to report. Next time I expect to drop the update on Band for the same reason, but may or may not bring back other topics.

Oh, one last thing: with regard to the six things I listed in my previous post: I have now completed two (fixing the wardrobe, sort of, and the trip to Antwerp). Today we'll be starting on the master bedroom, and tomorrow is the haircut. So there's a good chance we'll get four done, and five is not entirely beyond the realms of possibility.

#41: "Stonemouth", by Iain Banks
#42: "Fools and Mortals", by Bernard Cornwell (two very good novels, though neither is a candidate for book of the year)

No comments: