Monday, May 18, 2020

Experimental Cookery 2020: Malloreddus (sort of)

This one comes from "The Hairy Biker's Mediterranean Adventure", and is described as a gnocchi-like pasta. However, I found it because I had some gnocchi and was looking for a use for it, and liked the look of the sauce described here. So what I actually cooked wasn't Malloreddus at all, but rather gnocchi with a tomato-y, sausage-y sauce.

And very nice it was, too. I really like gnocchi (having had it all of half a dozen times), and so was always on to a winner, and it's quite hard to go wrong with good sausages and tomatoes. I was rather surprised at the tiny amount of liquid that was added to the sauce, but it turned out okay.

All in all, this was a winner. The only downside was a half-hour simmer step, but that should have been negated by starting cooking earlier than I actually managed. Would definitely have this again - indeed, I may end up having the leftover sauce with some of the leftover gnocchi for a lunch later this week, if LC doesn't beat me to it!

No comments: