Monday, October 26, 2020

Day 300: Update on Goals

We've now reached day 300 of the year, so here's the latest update:

  • Books: By day 300 I should have read 49.18 books. After having fallen behind by the last update, I'm pleased to say that I have caught up - I'm almost exactly bang on target. I'm also up-to-date on all the sublists, with only one book from the "New Books" sublist to finish by the end of this month to be there.
  • Weight: This isn't happening.
  • Blogging: I'm some way behind target on this blog and well behind on the Imaginarium. I now think it's unlikely that either blog will reach the targets set by the end of the year.
  • Work: There has been something of a setback, such that even for next year this goal seems unlikely. Which is desperately frustrating, but can't be helped. Since it's not a goal I was going to carry over, I've decided not to worry about it too much.
So, that's one back on target, one heading for failure, and two definite failures. Given the mess that has been 2020 generally that's a fairly small matter, but it's still an annoyance.

#47: "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" by Roald Dahl (a book for Funsize)
#48: "The Lies of Locke Lamora", by Scott Lynch
#49: "Fifth Business", by Robertson Davies (a book from The List)

No comments: