Monday, October 31, 2022

Day 304: Update on Goals

The 31st of October is the 304th day of the year, so I'm overdue for an update on goals:

  • Books: By this point I should be aiming to have complete 50 books almost exactly, which given the progress of the year raises a weary chuckle. I've actually completed 28 books, with three others in progress. I expect to end the year on 34, though even that is subject to revision. I also expect to finish the year with three books outstanding on The List.
  • Weight: A few ups and downs, but across the year I'm a little lighter. That's as much due to last week's illness as anything else.
  • Blogging: This one is going pretty well - this blog is going to end the month a little short again, but not by too much. Meanwhile, The Imaginarium is right on target. So that's good.
  • Redecorating the Hallway: The decorators came in and replaced the wallpaper with paint, so that part of the job is done. We do still want to replace the carpet and hang some pictures, so this goal isn't yet done, but is expected to complete by the end of the year.
  • Super Secret Goal: Abandoned.

The predictions for the year haven't changed: I expect to end the year with the Blogging and Redecoration goals completed, the SSG abandoned, and the Books and Weight goals being abject failures. That's not a terribly good showing.

This is the final update until the end-of-year round up. We'll see how things stand then... but I wouldn't expect much change.

No comments: