Sunday, December 31, 2023

End of Year Update on Goals

 As part of the end-of-year wrap-up, here is the closing update on my goals for the year:

  • Books: The goal here was extremely minor, in that I wanted to finish The List. This was achieved with some time to spare. There will be a separate post with the full list of books for the year, but it's not a long one!
  • Blogging: My end of year round-up will be post 120 on this blog for the year. The last month has been frantic, but this goal has been achieved. I have also managed just under the 60 posts on the Imaginarium that would have been my target had I set one, which is not bad for not having anything to say!
  • Redecoration: The goal for this year was to tackle various bits and pieces... and was largely done by LC. The downstairs toilet was repainted, the carpet in the hallway was replaced, and some pictures were hung in the hallway. We have also replaced the blinds in the living room, which was not part of the goal, but had become overdue.

So that's that: success on all three points!

My goals for 2024 are somewhat similar:

  • Books: I would like to read more books in 2024 than in 2023, so I'm setting myself a target of 30 books - approximately 2.5 per month. In years past that would be ridiculously laughable, but with my free time being so constrained I'm really not sure.
  • Blogging: Once again, I'd like to post 120 times in the year. I'm still not setting a goal for The Imaginarium.
  • Redecoration: The goal for next year is to redecorate Surprise!'s bedroom - this has been the nursery for the last six years, but is now no longer required (or fitted) for that purpose. So we'll look to repaint the walls, replace the carpet (and possibly the curtains and/or blind), and hang some different pictures and other decorations. In particular, one of the pictures in that room was drawn for Funsize, so would probably be more appropriate moved to her bedroom. Additionally, we'll probably look to replace the lightshades in both the kids' bedrooms. Finally, I'd like to look into the possibility of improving the heating and/or insulation in Funsize's bedroom, which can get quite cold at times.
  • Complete my Campaign: I'd like to finish the current D&D campaign, but I'd also like to finally finish the writing task associated with it - I've been painfully close for an age, and it would be good to get it actually done.
  • Update the Church Website: The site suffered a mini-meltdown a while back, and while the backend has been mostly restored there are a couple of things still to do. But the world-facing side has needed something of a revision since before I arrived, and it would be good to get that done, too.

And that's that. Five goals, all of which have the feel of being nicely doable. I guess we'll see.

No comments: