Thursday, December 21, 2023

Experimental Cookery 2023: Easy Sausage Carbonara

This one came from Jamie's "5 Ingredients" book, which I always ifnd interesting but never quite dip into as often as I feel I should. Unfortunately, on getting home from work yesterday I walked into a warzone, and so wasn't able to give this my full attention. One of the consequences of this was that I didn't sequence making this quite correctly, and so had everything else cooked before I even started the sausages.

Despite that, the meal turned out okay. No better than that, but just okay. That said, I now know where I went wrong, so if and when I do this again I know how to adjust it to make it better.

All in all, I'm calling this a success - we had gradually become disenchanted with Hugh's Chorizo Carbonara, so it's good to have an alternative to use for a while.

No comments: