Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"So, you called to tell me you're not going to tell me anything?"

I got a call from a person at Ofcom yesterday about the whole useless-ISP thing. We talked for a bit, and then ended the conversation.

It wasn't until after the conversation ended that I realised that she hadn't actually given me any new information. In fact, she had called specifically to tell me that she wasn't going to give me any new information. I'm not sure whether this counts as a win or not.

In other news, I was listening to the radio the other day. There came on an advert that I believe was placed by Kia. However, they were not advertising their cars. Oh, no, that would be too simple. Instead, their advert told us, the listening public, that they specifically weren't going to advertise their car on the radio, and instead they advertised their website, where they advertise their cars. This may be the first piece of meta-advertising I've seen (usually, at least they have a proper advert and then say "and see our website for more information). I'm not sure about this trend.

I have decided that the best thing to do in response to this is to stop blogging about things that happen in my life, and instead blog about things that I have read about in other people's blogs. Frankly, that's probably more interesting anyway.

No comments: