Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The worst thing that has ever happened

My headphones gave up the ghost this morning. One minute I was listening to music, and then... nothing.

In truth, this tragic turn of events has been on the cards for some months now. The left phone had already died, the wires leading to the earpeice becoming sepatated from the speaker. I could have fixed it - we have the technology - but I just couldn't be bothered. Besides, having only the one to deal with had certain advantages.

It's also worth noting that I'd had those headphones for a long time. Scratch that... a very long time. I don't recall quite when I did get them, but I think I may have been at university, which places them at more than eight years old. I had, in the past, attempted to replace them, but without success.

Anyway, I'm now without music for the rest of the day. Initially, I tried singing to myself to fill the void, but my colleagues took to throwing things at me. After I regained consciousness, I took the hint.

No comments: